Thursday, October 15, 2009

aaj mere yaar ki shaadi hai

I never liked this song earlier, I kinda thought it was one of those cheapo wedding songs you hear blaring at full volume, off key, वो जब गली में नीचे बारात निकलती थी types. Somehow this song got on my ipod and I think in the last few months I actually listened to the song, the lyrics, and Mohd. Rafi's flawless voice in it for the first time and I surprizingly like it . It's happy and cheerful and he maintains the mood inspite of some... well, not so inpiring lyrics. No, no, i am not saying the lyrics are bad, in fact parts of it are pretty good too... ख़ुशी के सपनो से सोलह सिंगार कि शादी है or even better एक चमन से देखो आज बहार कि शादी है... see that one I find sort of hmm... dreamy types... I think I just love mohd Rafi singing, he makes simple words sound philosophic ... अमीर से होतीं हैं, ग़रीब से होतीं हैं, दूर से होतीं हैं, करीब से होतीं है, मगर जहाँ भी होतीं हैं, ऐ मेरे दोस्त, शादियाँ तो नसीब से होतीं हैं.... आज मेरे यार कि...

I don't know its probably just the nostalgia of missing those barats in the gali. यहाँ तो गली में से किसी बारात नही निकलती न, हमारे मोह्हल्ले में किसी कि शादी नही हों रही और अगर होगी भी तो हमें इत्तला नही दी जाएगी... वो ज़माने गए.

No comments: