Friday, February 11, 2011

February Books

It is the tenth of February and I have not completed a single book as of yet. I go through these phases, of reading and then not reading. I do not read anything, absolutely nothing in my not- reading phase. So I am really hoping that this is not the onset of the not-reading phase. That would be terrible especially because I did not even have a good reading phase for the last two years at least. I have just been cruising along, picking and leaving things here and there.

Now that i am writing it, I realize how helpless I make it sound. Its not like I am leaf in the wind or something, I guess I do have some control over what i do or do not do, so maybe I can exercise that control, maybe I can just get over myself and not allow me to plunge into a not-reading phase. hmm.. okay good, lets see how that works out, eighteen more days to go :)

1 comment:

transient said...

Okay, I just realized that is not even accurate, First of all , it is the eleventh of February not the tenth and then, I have been reading these two books - very slowly, one sentence at a time i admit, but i have been reading them. the first one is Joseph ledeux's The emotional brain and the second one is Spinoza's ethics. Amazing books both of them, so maybe that is what i am going to do I am going to finish reading the two of them. and then Tania gave a pep talk about reading Angela's Ashes so may be Ii will finish that too :) we might salvage February yet :)