Monday, June 23, 2014

Yellowknife!!

All I have on my mind these days is yellowknife.

I am going there. I don't know why.

I cannot remember since when I have wanted to go there. I have never known why.

Just that the name attracts me. Something about the name sounds so romantic and forlorn that I just have to go and see it for myself.

It doesn't hurt that there would be near 20 hour daylight round about now.

But then I know so little about it.

I knew so little about it and booked the tickets.

What does that say about me?

Someone asked me how far it is from here. I had no idea. How long would the flight take. I had no idea. The more I read about it, the more I realize that it is meant for people who would go fishing, or hiking, or kayaking. I am not any one of those people.

So why am I going there? I still have no idea.

But then I am the person, who after just two emails agreed to marry a guy. We will have been married for fifteen years this year.

In that light, a four day trip to yellowknife doesn't sound so bad after all. For all I knew I could have as easily packed my bags and decided to move to yellowknife for good.

I guess I am totally the kind of person who could have done that.

That is scary. Or liberating. I am not sure which one.

No comments: