Friday, October 24, 2008

ajeeb ajeeb se gaane

I met someone, no silly, not that that kind of a someone, that I met long long long back.

Anyways, I met someone who actually knew a lot of the ajeeb, songs, I thought only I carried around in my head. we were playing antakshari (yes! I know! but we were driving back late at night after having seen a horrible movie, we needed something to keep us awake), and it was my turn to sing with 'm', hesitantly asked her if she knew this song may se meena se na saaki se, dil behlta hai mera, aapke aa jaane se.....
Guess what?
She did?
We were both surprised how much of the stupid song we actually knew.... wow! and we even knew that this was a Govinda Neelam song! see, I did not think such people existed any more, I am very glad to know that I am not alone.

And then we quizzed each other on our knowledge of other ghatiya songs, she passed my test.

She remembered - naa jaane kyon main beqarar, dil me liye dard-e-intezaar, baitha hoon us raah me, jo teri manzil nahi.....

Kindered spirits indeed.

Only she actually has a sense of music. ahhhhhhhh.... where was I when god was distributing this sense of music?

zaroor bahar khadi rickshe waale se jhagda kar rahi hongi, paanch rupaye thode na lagte hain bhaiya, pagal samjhe ho kya....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's funny !

i know some songs - from forgotten / insignificant movies too..

name the movie : ( don't google please)

"mohabbat jinhe ho gayi ho kisi se.. mohabbat ka anjaam kab sochtey hain..
yeh aisa suhaana safar hai ke jisme,
hazaaron hain nakaam.. kab sochtey hain..

chirag-e-wafa apne haathon mein lekar mohabbat ki raahon main - jo chal parey hon, payaaba mein hogi - ke sehraa mein hogi..
kahaan hogi ab shaam kab sochtey hain..

mohabbat ke maaron ko, ab aur aye-dil - sataayengi kya sakhtiyaan zindagi ki,
jinhe thak ke neend aa gayie pathharon per - woh duniya ka aaram kab sochtey hain..

mohabbat hi jinki khuda ban gayi ho..
kisi aur ka naam kab sochtey hain..

~ gina, s.f.

transient said...

nope, am stumped. may be if i could hear the song, or if i could watch a two sec clip i might be able to tell, but otherwise, na.

enlighten me.

and you know what G, as i was writing the post i was thinking of you, i wast thinking that you are the only person who knows all my songs, there cannot be a song that i know that you donot know, and i also thought that there has to be a few that you know that i do not know and see, i was right....

sorry, i find a way of being right even when i am wrong, that's what mean elder sisters do. :)

Anonymous said...

:-) everything i know, i have learnt from you

if i tell you the first 2 lines of the ( last 2 lines here) you'd know..

yeh insaan kya hai, khuda ke be aage kabhi pyaar duniya mein jhukta nahin hai..
mohabbat hi jinki khuda ban gayi ho..
kisi aur ka naam kab sochtey hain..

~ gina