Monday, December 22, 2008

tareyaan di chunni vali

i really like this song. i am trying to translate it, why? i don't know, because i want to. lately that seems like the only good reason in the world to do anything. getting back to the song.

i love the words:

tareyaan di chunni vali
mukk gayi e raat kali
aje vee na mukka sadi jindagi da geet ve
mukk jana raat vangu
shuru kiti baat vangu
mar ke vi rehni sannu kise di udeek ve

taking its curtain of stars
the dark night is gone
yet the song of my life goes on
i might end like this night
but, like a story of an absent minded teller
my wait for someone, will linger on,
long after i am gone.

aiven na haloon sadde dukh khind jaange
akkhan diyan sippiyan chon moti dig jaanege
aiho ne guzara sadda
aiho ne sahara sadda
eho sadde sajna di aakhri vaseet ve

Don't move so fast, my blues will fall apart
these pearls from the oysters of my eyes will drop
for these are my sustenance
these are my pillars
these are in his will, the remnants of what he left for me....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My email is this. Ypu can always send an email. Narad, blogvani, chitthajagat, Hindiblogs do tell you how to register with them. You can send email to them requesting them to register you but there may be one difficulty they like the blog to be entirely in Hindi.