Thursday, February 19, 2009

Defining Love

What is love? How do you define love? Do different people define it differently? Is love for a child the same as the love for a parent, a friend, a lover? hmm...

Here are some other people's definitions of love that I like:

ishq majnu ki vo aawaz hai jiske aage koi laila, kisi deewar se, roki na gayi --- from that song ye ishq ishq hai ishq.

I completely agree with it, if it meant something to you, nothing could stop you, the whole lot of them are just excuses, you love something else more, that's why you stay, if you really loved this thing as much as you claim you do, you would have gone for it. nothing could have kept you. May be I am being too harsh, may be I don't get exigent circumstances, still there is a romance to the idea ki ishq majnu ki vo aawaz hai jiske aage koi laila, kisi deewar se, roki na gayi...


jaan tum par nisaar karta hoon, main nahin janta dua kya hai. -- mirza ghalib but he had a lot to say on the subject, so I guess I picked my favourite. May be it is the same thing as above, I give my life for you, I do not know what a prayer is. That there would be no dilemma, that it comes as the most natural thing in the world to me, to give you whatever you ask for. That if you wanted me to go away, if it killed me, I would go as as far away from you as I could, because that was what you wanted.

No comments: