Monday, September 8, 2008

Reading while driving

So the other day I saw this guy reading a book while driving. No, it was a book book, not a map book.

 Now that is probably the only place on the face of this earth that I have not read a book, I mean I have read books standing up in crowded DTC buses, meandering through congested delhi sidewalks, I have even carried books to parties and sneaked in to washrooms to read them. But driving!

Ok fine, in all honesty I must admit that the idea did cross my mind and that I have very seriously considered it too, but in my defense; I did arrive at the conclusion that it was not a very smart thing to do.

Now, the thing is, when I saw this guy I did not feel like, whoa what an idiot, a menace on roads, or any other such surge of righteous emotion।
I felt a sort of grudging admiration, almost like regret, a competitive how come I did not have the guts to do this.

You know what, go ahead and judge me, but I was no such hurry to label him. I wanted to actually ask him why he was doing this, coz I have a hunch there had to be a reason - only I did not have the guts to do that either. Kinda hard to get some one to pull over to have a chat in this day and age.

I wish I was ten years younger, coz then I would have actually gone up to him and said, bhaaaaaaai!Parnaam.

But. Please. Explain. And please don't let it be for a lack of brains, coz that would be a huuuuuuge disappointment for me.

No comments: