Monday, September 29, 2008

you don't bring me flowers

you don't bring me flowers
you don't sing me love songs
you hardly talk to me any more ...

i like this song both for itself and for the story behind it. Apparently neil diamond sang this as a solo and barbra streisand sang it as a solo. and then some one had the idea of putting the two solos together in a duet. so i like the idea that two people could create two things separately and they could be put together so seamlessly that you could not even tell when the one ends and the other begins. just the thought is beautiful.

and then i like the song it self. i guess, eventually all relationships reach that stage of you don't bring me flowers... its inevitable. but atleast you brought me flowers - long long ago, that should be some relief. oh, wait, hold on, vapis aana zara, how come you never sang me love songs? what's up with that? ok, i am gonna go and be depressed for a while now, how come i did not deserve to be sung songs to? when i value songs so much.... ahhh...kya chakkar hai ramji? planning gadbad hai aapki.

No comments: