Saturday, April 4, 2009

Need ka nirman phir phir - Bachchan ji

I like this poem because it is full of hope, it talks about one of the hardest things to do in life, picking up the pieces and starting all over again. When I was younger it was an idealistic poem, beautiful and yet doable. Then it happened to me, to my friends, to people I know and love and I began to realize how hard it was to decide if I wanted to build again or just let it go... In theory it should have been easy, what is the problem? But, it was a terrible choice to make. I look back and I know how tempting it was to just let it go, there is a grandeur in playing the martyr.

In a lot of ways some of us did, let go. There are dreams that we do not dream anymore because we see no way of their coming true now. It takes a lot to keep them alive inside us, to hope, to believe in the possibility of some day... in the distant future....

That is why I especially appreciate this poem now, because now I see both sides of the picture, I see why someone would give up and I see the courage it takes to build again, to love again, to give again. To put yourself out there, in the thick of things, at the mercy of the winds, only this time I know that it is transient, that it can all be taken away from me, but I appreciate it all the more for its transience. I now know on a whole new level that it is far better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all. neh ka aahvaan phir phir phir.

नीड़ का निर्माण फिर-फिर,
नेह का आह्वान फिर-फिर!

वह उठी आँधी कि नभ में, छा गया सहसा अँधेरा,
धूलि धूसर बादलों नें भूमि को भाँति घेरा,
रात-सा दिन हो गया, फिर रात आई और काली,
लग रहा था अब न होगा इस निशा का फिर सवेरा,
रात के उत्‍पात-भय से भीत जन-जन, भीत कण-कण
किंतु प्राची से उषा की मोहनी मुसकान फिर-फिर,

नेह का आह्वान फिर-फिर,

वह चले झोंके कि काँपे भीम कायावान भूधर,
जड़ समेत उखड़-पुखड़कर गिर पड़े, टूटे विटप वर,
हाय, तिनकों से विनिर्मित घोंसलों पर क्‍या न बीती,
डगमगाए जबकि कंकड़, ईंट, पत्‍थर के महल-घर;
बोल आशा के विहंगम, किस जगह पर तू छिपा था,
जो गगन चढ़ उठाता गर्व से निज तान फिर-फिर!

नीड़ का निर्माण फिर-फिर,
नेह का आह्वान फिर-फिर!


क्रुद्ध नभ के वज्र दंतों में उषा है मुसकराती,
घोर गर्जनमय गगन के कंठ में खग पंक्ति गाती;
एक चिड़‍िया चोंच में तिनका लिए जो गा रही है,
वह सहज में ही पवन उंचास को नीचा दिखाती!
नाश के दुख से कभी दबता नहीं निर्माण का सुख
प्रलय की निस्‍तब्‍धता से सृष्टि का नव गान फिर-फिर!

नीड़ का निर्माण फिर-फिर,
नेह का आह्वान फिर-फिर!

3 comments:

Khushboo said...

hey thanks a LOOOOTTT
WAS looking for lyrics alll over the place..

transient said...

you are most welcome!

Sayee said...

love this poem from the time I read it in school... today I was recollecting it and could not after the first stanza ... thanks for putting it up here ... made my day ....