Wednesday, March 4, 2009

live a little

I am eating my breakfast and watching TV, grrr... I hate that, watching TV in the morning that is, but the thing is I did not sleep all night, I woke up at 2 am and then lord... could not go back to sleep this has to do with getting old, because I used to be able to sleep on demand you know, ab dekho, ek baar utth jaao to phir neend nahi aati, was online for a while and then was reading so technically this is evening for me I have been up for ten hours already so watching TV is allowed. No, I am not trying to seek your permission, I am trying to convince myself that it is okay to watch TV with breakfast, it is one of those argh... things in my book.

anyways, I digress, I was saying that I just saw this song on TV an old one Saathiya ye tune kya kiya... Salman Khan- Revathy one, and boy is it fresh I loved it, it has put me in a good mood, coz I was grumpy.And I had this thought, I don't know how that is related to the song, but I know that the song triggered this thought, that when we are young, at least girls I don't know about men, but women, when we are younger, we are very restricted, very cautious, extremely careful, we think too much and do too little, that thing about paralysis by analysis that applies to us, that maybe we could have been more carefree, our society breeds this samjhdaar responsible girl stereotype that is horrific I think, they marry us off so young, we never really have a chance to find ourselves. It is sad when you think about it.

Someone I know just ended a 25 year old marriage, she was 22 when she got married, and the thing is i can see why that happened, you know you grow up and you realize, you have no freaking idea how you got here, you were trying to be so mature all your life, you never really had fun, ever.

That's what i want for young girls - my daughter's generation - to go out, make mistakes, take chances, fall in love, get hurt, live and learn, and not think and worry all the time.

अच्छा है दिल के पास रहे पासबान--अक्ल
पर कभी कभी इसे तनहा भी छोड़ दे

8 comments:

BloggerInMaking said...

I am reading this post of yours right now kyunki abhee mujhe neend nahin aa rahee. We r definitely getting older. I totally agree with the other part also that rather than being overly cautious & scared about each & every step, I would like my kids to follow the same path suggested by you.

Unknown said...

aaj really padkar maja aaaya.........ab tu form mein aayee

transient said...

@Blogger : :) yep. I know! the best part though of staying up all night is that, that evening you go to sleep at a reasonable time and then the next morning you wake up bright and early, look at me i am up now :)

@ Priyanka: jee! thank you!

Gagan said...

It is not a boy or girl problem, but it is society problem..We used to appreciate only Samjhdar people in Indian society, Professions were also such that Samjhdar people have higher salary then others so everybody wants to be like that boy or girl...But now things are changing, tension-free, mast, bindaas is now a days considered as cool, so everybody tries to be like that..We now have professions where you earn more by doing cool things..like writing a blog and commenting on it..cool:)

Again a nice post..keep writing

Anonymous said...

who's making money by writing useless blogs, oye, get me in on this scheme?

transient said...

han bhai, mujhe bhi batao ye scheme, athanni chavvani jo bhi milegi, chalegi.

Gagan said...

Well you worth a lot "transient" then athanni chavvani..yes people do make money by their writings, you only need to make it as your profession and you will find ways of doing it..If I can pay Rs100 per month for a non-sense magazine where only few pages worth reading then I would not mind paying for free-flow writings like these in same cost. It gives me pleasure I won't mind paying for that...there are paid blogs as well but you need to mature and build a fan following then everything fall in line and believe me it will be much more then a MD doctor earning in your locality.

transient said...

interesting! details. When you have a sec give me the links, I want to look at this. And thank you.