Saturday, March 14, 2009

why blackholes give me hope...

The single most hopeful thought I have had in the last four years, and you have to remember that I gave birth to a child less than four years ago, so I rate this thought even above that, on the scale of giving me hope, is - 'you can dump garbage in to a blackhole and actually get energy out of it.' I do not know the mechanics of how it works but boy, I remember reading this, walking in to my class and saying 'People there is hope.! We just might survive idiots.'

You see it wakes me up at night, the amount of garbage we produce,t eh number of landfills we have, I live in a city that has filled up all its landfills, we, put our garbage in a truck and drive it five-six hours to dump into another town, we pay a huge amount of money to this other town. And now people in that other town are waking up to the environmental hazard this is and saying, no matter what you pay us, we don't want your garbage. When the contract finally expires what are we going to do? (yes, I know I can worry about this all I want, but no one at the city council cares what I think, and I refuse totell them, coz I am not yet, one of those people who writes letters to all and sundry solving the world's problems. nope. I write a blog. )

And people, whoa they take my breath away, I know a lot of them, who still refuse to recycle, they will not reduce their consumption, and reuse? what is that?

You could cry yourself hoarse and it would not matter to them. People, they just don't listen, we need to figure out how to survive idiots and black holes, yes sir they are the solution. There that is why they give me so much hope.

I hope my daughter never takes offense to this, but darling, it gives me hope that your generation might figure something out and survive the mess mine has created.

2 comments:

Tania said...

Black holes eh? Yes, I worry about all the garbage we produce as well. I think not recycling comes from not seeing the big picture. We are all in this together. Problems with overflowing landfills is a problem we face at the societal level - but we experience life at a personal level. So until this societal problems starts impacting us personally, a lot of people just won't pay any heed.

transient said...

one who foresees the future, suffers twice over.